I don't have a lot of time because i really should goto sleep. but I must say this. I LOVE BEIJING. I LOVE PKU. I love everything about everything right now.
just had my first day of... real classes i guess. from 12:30 noon to 9pm, with about 1 hour break in between. I finally got my student card, and then meal card. The caf was absolutely amazing. lol. it's funny how easily I really AM satisfied. had tomato fried egg with rice for about... less than $0.50 canadian. I was... very close to my personal heaven. lol. Also had a great conversation with a random guy that sat down accross from me in the caf, which made it even better. I love social interactions. I love meeting people and... esp local PKU students. If we only took the courses we're supposed to take, we are SO far removed from the local scene, it's as though it's a completely different world. So I have been trying very hard to meet local students, and with that, also sitting in on a lot of classes that I'm not signed up for. What can I say... the business courses are business courses... whatever. I will seriously pick up a Chinese accent from my dear profs by the time I come back. lol. So I goto classes like Chinese philosophy that I can barely understand, but LOVE beyond belief.
The opening ceremonies for PKU took place last Sunday at the stadium where Olympic and Paralympic pingpong events were held, where the 3 Chinese flag was raised at the same time twice. It was nothing short of amazing. All of my expectations for a boring opening ceremony was shattered to pieces. It was... more than what I have words for.
Anyway, basically, the courses I'm supposed to take are.... exactly as they are... business and... dry really. hoping they get better soon. but the courses I'm sitting in on... man there are SO many that I wanna go listen to, but there's just not enough time in a day. So basically, I'm spending 80% of the time on courses I'm not really taking, and maybe 20% on what I'm signed up for -_-". but I'm still enjoying it all to the max =D.
Life is good. and it's only going to get better.
I have waited.... 15 years to get to this university. and x number of months waiting for this exchange. these next 4 months are going to be my once in a life time. and i'm going to make sure i get the most out of it.
I'm loving it all =)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment