Monday, February 2, 2009

See you soon =)

So I'm going to attempt to catch up before I fall too far behind so much that I lose the motivation to ever catch up again.

The last couple of days in Chongqing finally started feeling like it was actually New Years. =) Cousin and aunt and uncle and great aunt came down from Chengdu to visit. Great aunts and uncles came to play mahjong with grandpa =D. More fireworks and firecrackers, singing K with the cousins. More people all being together and ... temporarily and superficially, restoring the glory to the villa, and the family, that once was.

过年过到初三家里才突然有了点过节的气氛。之前的“团年饭“和其他的各种形式其实只是更明显的突出了所有缺席的人,以及在座的人因缺席的人的缺席所受到的影响而已。最后这两天还真的有点小时候热闹,开心的气氛了。曾经大姨说我“爱憎分明,敢爱敢恨“,所以我还是很刻意的在饭桌上敬漏了那么个人。
那么期待的农历生日也安安静静的过去了。我也从来没有指望过什么,毕竟12年没有在一起过了,只是想开开心心的过一天,在中国,在家人身边,度过一个中国的生日。临上飞机的时候妈妈终于忍不住跟大姨说了。大姨的反应或许使这个被遗忘的一天有了意义。

Leaving grandpa was harder than I ever expected it to be. Mom and I were both.... and I must say, have kind of rather been looking forward to leaving, but surprisingly, Chongqing turned out to be the most emotional goodbye this past half a year. lol.

怎么说呢? 最后一天赶到外公那里的时候已经只够吃晚饭的时间了。外公眼袋肿肿的,和我们坐在饭桌上死活不肯吃饭,谁哄谁喂都不肯。我们照相,想逗外公笑的法子都使变了,老太爷还是不肯笑。妈妈最后饭吃到一半跑掉了。。。让我想起我夏天第一次回重庆时一天到晚老在莫名其妙的时刻跑出房间的样子... 我想最后再跟外公说几句话,试了N多次还是epic fail. 我要是会祈祷的人的话,早就天天祈祷N多遍了。可惜我不是。所以最后我还是什么都做不了。其实在重庆我也只是坐在身边上网而已。没用的无奈。事到如今,我只能说,其实... 好像现在希望外公可以糊涂一点是对所有人最好的一个状况。
... 我从来没想到离开重庆可以那么困难。没想到居然那么不愿意离开外公。

on a happier note. BACK TO BEIJING =DDDDDDDDDDd

lol...

back to beijing was amazing. there's a tradition that on the 5th day of the new year you're supposed to eat dumplings. So the last time I met up with elementary school friends, we made plans to meet up and make dumplings =D. I arrive at 2am the day of, and find out we're meeting at 8:30am o.O. [oh. cuz i lost my cell phone. AGAIN btw] .... I message that I'll be late and meet up with them later. In the morning, I suddenly find out the place we're going to... is an hour away from Beijing. LOL. apparently, due to space constraints, the only family we could find that would host our party of 10+ on a day that you're usually supposed to spend//dine with family. lol. anyway. it was worth every minute of travelling, worth every time my grandma told me how long they had all been waiting for me, whatever. I love meeting up with elementary school friends, and I love how we can still get together like this so long after and still all have such a great time together. heart heart heart.

小学同学的聚会一直是我向往北京很大的原因之一。去年初五,我在校内上发现他们正在聚会,一个电话打回北京,大家热热闹闹的,突然让midterm 中的 kingston 温暖了起来。我知道,其实若真地说多了,交道打近了,会发现我们的路都已经分的太远了,其实真的已经没什么共同话题了。所以保持的距离,仅仅是两次聚会,却一直把最好的记忆都留了下来。我真得很喜欢和小学同学在一起。和他们在一起我觉得我也是有历史的,和他们在一起我可以说“我们都认识了快十五年了“ 这种话。和他们在一起我不是半路叉来的新人。我们有共同的回忆,我的从前,他们记得。我是完整的。

Finished packing at night and went back to the hotel. fireworks were going crazy in Beijing. mannnn. beijing fireworks r so much better than Chongqing. some how. some reason. they were higher and bigger and more complex and diverse and everything. hehe =D. when we were back at the hotel, the hotel was letting off fireworks that were RIGHT in front of our window. amazinggggg view =DDDDDDDDDDD.

Last day in Beijing was spectacular. finally got to goto miao hui =D. ate so much amazing food too. walked more than half of inner beijing. LOL. from way past wangfujing back to my elementary school. passed one of the places where I grew up. jing shan park. the forbidden city. bei hai. my mom's hospital... and on the way, bumped into one of my mom's ex-co-workers on the street... like... WHAT? o.O. LOL. and the lady remembers me as a 8-yr-old and was surprised I had grown. LOL. this day trip in beijing was the perfect conclusion to my 5 months in beijing and coudln't have asked for more =).

This term in Beijing was... amazing on too many levels. Being in Beijing was one thing. but the people that I have met. the people I have gotten to know better. the places we have gone. the things we have done. the crazy nights we don't remember. and all the unforgettable memories that we have created... I am so grateful for all that has happened and everyone that was a part of it all. thank you.

and it's not farewell nor goodbye.

i'll see you again. soon. =)

[will add pics soon. ppl coming over. gotta go. ]

No comments: