Just got back from Madrid this morning, got 4ish hours of sleep in a real bed before heading to class. Was productive during class (e.g. catching up on emails and facebook and xiaonei and stuff instead of listening) and actually efficient meeting after class, grocery shopping and cooked good food, unpacked and cleaned room, skyped and finished a case. so here i am. rewarding myself for productiveness =]
Crazy days coming up. class tmr 6-9pm, then 11pm bus to Sitges for Carnaval, party all night, bus back at 6am, get home at 7-ish? leave home at 8 for class at 9am. Then hellish day from 9 - 9pm. and then home... pack... head to the station around 2am to bus to Girona at 3am and get on the flight to Madrid at 6am.... O.O but THENNNN, I get to see Cari! and begin our Eurotrip! ... I just have no idea how I'm going to make it through to then. LOL.
So yes... 20 passed by quite uneventfully. dear Mo managed to be first with an email a day early. lol. my roommate + bf surprised me with a mini cake the day before. much love =). My bus for Madrid departed at 11:59pm. at 00:05 (I know cuz there's a big clock at front of bus), the lil girl sitting in the seat in front of me, 5 or 6 years old, started humming "happy birthday" to herself. I don't think it was even in English. but it made me happy. LOL. I don't think she finished the song before she fell asleep. but still =). Catherine got me a souvenir from Portugal without knowing. I made my wish on a 2 Euro cent coin at a fountain in a castle in Segovia. I bought myself a piece of cake in a local bakery. andddd I managed to make it to the pub crawl a couple of minutes before midnight, and then somehow, miraculously, made it back to the hostel in crazy heels and way beyond tipsy. I actually do not remember how I got into the room. But I do remember asking in Spanish where my street was. LOL. and today. my mom forwarded me an email from Beijing grandparents. sending wishes. O.O. ... I raised an eyebrow and laughed to myself.This must be the first time in over 10 years this has happened. I am impressed. haha.
So yes. Nothing was missed, I had it all =]
Thanks to all those that remembered. all those that saw newsfeed. those who were reminded. It made my day later when I finally had access to internet =). on the other hand... it's what? the third yr w/o a single word from you? lol it's all good. I'm thinking of being cliche and throwing a half bday party when everyone's back in Toronto, sound good?
me go get some slp before I begin the next few days of maaaaaaaadness. =]
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you forgot: "and those that were brought to my page by chance, or fate."
Post a Comment