Wednesday, August 20, 2008

first days x3.

It's only the 3rd day and I'm already starting to realize how difficult keeping up with the blog is going to be. There's just too much to tell and too little time to be spent sitting at home typing it out =P. But I'll try and catch up =D

So my first full day here, woke up at 5:30 -_-". wandered around the area in the morning... had no purse since I was planning on buying a lot of new stuff here... anyway, went out with wallet and keys and everything all scattered around and in my hands and stuff. Went to a supermarket thinking they'd give me a plastic bag if I bought stuff. FULL OUT DID A STORE CHECK -_-".... kicking myself the whole time -_-". gosh. anyway. so I bought the most RANDOM stuff... and then the lady was like.. "no bag." O.O!.... so apparently China had gone all environmental and stopped giving out bags. she COULD have told me to buy one, but obviously not -_-'. so I hung out the rest of the morning holding EVEN more random stuff until I went to another store and they told me to buy a bag -_-". I somehow ended up using that 30-cent-plastic-bag for a good 3 days before I bought a new bag... during which every store I walked into, the people stared first at the bag... and then looked me up and down with a disapproving glare -_-". man people are so judgemental. and of course, I felt like a hobo the entire time. haha.

Met up with Cari afterwards and went to Sanlituner - the famous bar street =D. Got dragged into a random bar by guys outside who just randomly grabbed my hand and took us inside o.O!. The bar was nice... when we went in it was just a guy and a girl singing.... and later.. a girl came out and started pole dancing.. and we're both... o.O. bu it gets more strange... a GUY came out and started pole dancing as well. KIND of awkward. -_-". A couple of drinks later, Cari decided to sing a song on STAGE at the bar. LOL. prettttttty amazing. and we became friends with the guy that sings there. =D.

We were somewhat tipsy on the way home and decided to mad camerawhore on the subway. it rained and I still had to bike home. OH gosh. BIKING! I got my bike that afternoon and as soon as I got on the bike, I first felt like I was back in Beijing. GOSH. BIKING IN BEIJING... best feeling ever. even with the heat. even with the rain. even with the scary drivers and aggressive other bike riders... it's honestly the best thing in the world. for me, it's as close to flying as u get. =). So I biked home in the rain and then had to climb up 12 floors cuz the elevator closes at midnight -_-". and uncle/aunt weren't that impressed that I managed to make it home at 1:25am my first day going out ... =.=

The next day / yesterday Daisy's parents decided not to go watch beach volleyball and our wonderful friend Daisy - my-best-friend-from-kindergarten-that-I-found-by-googling-her-name-last-yr-just-before-she-transfered-to-uoft, decided to ask Daniel and I to go watch it with her! =D. Woke up again at 5:30 ( -_-" wtf.... why is my jetlag so STRANGE - what do I do at 5:30pm Toronto time that would make me wake up?! o.O) So early public transit (which I will from now on dub to be "B-TTC") ride for a good hour-ish. ... I swear, have so much to say about the B-TTC... I have never been so squished in my life -_-". had so many random and uh... awkward bodily contact with strangers who all seemed to think it was fine. o.O but anyhow, we didn't know China was going to be playing, and was therefore SUPER excited when it turns out that we were going to see them after all! =D. So at the gate, bought everything there was that was China related, complete with the airbrush tattoo and the headband that I had been waiting for since I first saw it in Canada. LOL. SO much excitement. Turns out, it was kind of.. China vs. China... which was a slight disappointment but at least we got to see China play right? it was just a little confusing as to who to cheer for and ... the cheering seemed just slightly pointless. but GOSH. the atmosphere of seeing it LIVE was just ... electric. It's the only way to describe it. =) and OH-SO-CONTAGIOUS! It was nearly impossible to sit there and not be in the spirit. =D. The venue was amazing - we obviously didn't have the best seats, but it was still SO clear! <3 the display boards that cued the audience about what to do. SO JOKES. Hung out around the place after the match ended, saw an 88-yr-old lady in a wheelchair and all decked out in China gear. It was... pretty amazing. Finally, took jumping pictures outside =D.

Went shopping in the afternoon... mannn. people stopping me from my jetlag. i was SO tired, but they kept me shopping. Cari, YMX and my elementary school friend also came out, so it was cool =D Got home around 11... after a slight scolding the night before... attempted to "bond" with the family.

More shopping today and kareoke-ing. YMX biked me home on my bike. LOL. Kind of reminded me of another reason of why I wanted to come back to Beijing. It's as though... we're finally old enough to do all the things that we had been waiting to do... and on top of that, amazingly... a lot of very important people all happen to be here to do it together. =D.

<3 beijing.
this has been amazinggggggggggggggggggg.
... so i'm not QUITE all familiarized and certain things r still rather awkward and i still haven't really found my place here yet... but that's all perfectly fine. =D. cuz i know i'll get there some time.
because this. no matter what ppl say and what they do. or how they've been acting towards me. i don't care.
it is still home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww you sound like you're having such a great time! i still can't believe you're there already. can't believe how fast it was from the countdown in january in seeing where you were going to the countdown to when you were actually leavingg. miss you!

dXc said...

thanks for leaving out the awkward guy who followed you around who couldn't speak english while shopping in a mall for girls stuff only. appreciate it.

- tee . said...

LMAO. i'm guessing this is daniel? lol. just wait. u'll get ur own special post soon. how could i just lump u together w/ everyone else? pshhhhh. =P